Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do I deal with my boyfriends' mother?

My boyfriend and I have been together for almost a year. I met his mother soon after we met. Initially she seemed like a nice woman with a difficult side. Now I see and hear her difficult side more often. Sometimes I want to leave his house early when I am visiting because she makes me uncomfortable. I love my boyfriend but do not want to spend any unnecessary time around or with his mother. What can I do? or am I making something out of nothing that requires a little more patience?





p.s. He is nothing like her. Where she can be argumentative and very irritable, he is willing to work on a problem and not argue over it. Also he has an idea of how i feel and openly acknowledges that she can be very irritable. Keeping in mind that me not wanting to be around her may hurt him and I do not want to do that.How do I deal with my boyfriends' mother?
Unfortunately when you choose to make someone an important part of your life, you are also choosing to accept their baggage. If you ever expect to have a long term relationship with this boy then you need to realize that you have to learn to deal with his mother and not just run away. Dealing with our own relatives and weird friends is usually hard enough but you have to have extra patience to deal with those of the person you love.How do I deal with my boyfriends' mother?
Don't you think you feeling uncomteble is gonna affect him? Honestly you should stand by his side because you love him and you care about him...She is the mother of the person you love, you love him and he loves you then you will be able to take it and talk to him about it, be honest and tell him what your heart is keeping inside, but let him know your gonna be on his side...
Kiss butt
this is an age old annoyence most women face, i say throw her off a bridge or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment