Friday, August 20, 2010

What's the best way to deal with a boyfriend that has had a drug addiction in the past?

I recently started dating my boyfriend. Well,a month ago.











He's very nice and I pretty much adore him. The only problem is,I am worried that he will go behind my back and do what he use to do.





Since we got together he vowed to never touch a drug again. While I trust him to a certain extent,I also know that quitting drugs isn't just that easy to do,and sometimes still wonder.











How is one to deal with this,any advice?What's the best way to deal with a boyfriend that has had a drug addiction in the past?
N.A will help I'm an ex addict have been clean 14 months now. I go to 12 step meetings each week i also work and keep fit tell him to get into program where people that have been through the same thing can help him.......What's the best way to deal with a boyfriend that has had a drug addiction in the past?
tell him how much you admire him for being strong enough to quit,





try to keep the relationship positive, do not burden him with your problems, or start fights.





Many people get cravings several months after quitting, so be ready to support %26amp; distract him if that happens. If remains clean for year, he can do it forever. But be ready to leave him if can't make it.
I quit, just that easy. i remember how F-ed-up i use to be after being up for 4 days, and how angry i was at random people for no reason. I remember the hangovers that used to be there after getting smashed. Or waking up not remembering where i was. and then the struggle and sweats i would get from heroin.Now i wake up and realize i dont want to feel that any more.
Yeah. Watch for signs that his past drug problem hasn't moved back into the present. If it does, tell him to go to treatment or you're outta here.
that was his past and it made him who he is today, he as not deceived you and you should trust him to give him strengh to carry on his good work
Make him switch to a healthy diet u knw...juices n stuff...he'll then hate going back to drugs himself...n if possible make him knw abt ppl who had/have drugs n who suffered
trust him and if that is the pass let it be and if you see him doing it than just leave him
What drug was he into? That's the most critical thing to look at before deciding if he may go back to using them.
Run..his past will jeopardise your future!
When I was in my twenties, I was a heavy addict of downers, any kind I could get my hands on. I even melted some and shot them under my tongue. When I went to a rehab, they didn't even want to take me, they said they couldn't help me because I needed LONG TERM help.





But, I was determined, and I quit. And, because I worked to damn hard to quit, if someone didn't trust me when I said I wasn't doing it anymore, I wouldn't go out with them again.





Of course, I didn't blame them for being a little wary, but, unless I gave them good reason not to trust me, or they heard I was doing drugs again or I was acting funny, then I felt that they should trust me.





It takes guts and work to quit drugs, and is an everyday struggle. But, at this rehab, they said don't even THINK about a relationship for at least two years into sobriety, because we needed to concentrate on staying sober without any major interruptions.





I found this to be true, because every person that didn't listen and got into a relationship, with all the little problems, arguments, jealousy's, etc., ended up back on drugs or alcohol.





You CAN be sober for many, many years and then fall off the wagon and start your addiction again, even if it's twenty years down the road. The feelings of addiction never go away, because that is how you handled your problems, and the first thing you think about when you have a problem, is how easy it would be to just get high and not deal with it.





My question to you is this; what was he on, how long was he on it, how much did he do, and did he get help in quitting? Also, did he change his lifestyle when he quit drugs. You cannot go back to your old lifestyle and friends once you quit drugs or alcohol. Not if they are the friends that are still into it. Stopping an addiction is an entire lifestyle change.





If any of those questions I asked you were a concern to you, than be very careful, but trust him until he proves otherwise.
look i'm the best person to tell you about drug addiction and you know if someone is cheating cus i uesd to do X,lsd,ext... just hard-core drugs really bad it ****** up me and the ppl around me it made me think dif about life i did alot of thingsi'm not happy of :/


but the reson i stop was well...my gf really cared about me and i cared alot about her and i man up and i picked her over drugs


i mean it's not easy to stop doing i'm being honset so if your bf does weed on him don't get to mad cus drugs are really had to doing trust me i know but tell him how you feel try to do like lots of fun things to get his mind off of drugs like movies,mall,danceing but not party's try your best make sure he does not hangout with ppl who do drugs cus he will started doing them again i'm trying my best not hang around ppl who do drugs cus i know i will get back in to them





but ya your bf should be really happy that he has someone who really does care about him cus it helps alot when you have someone there for you it's the best way for someone to relays

No comments:

Post a Comment