Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Tips for dealing with boyfriends family?

My Boyfriend is 24 finished college in 06 and has been teaching for one year now at the local high school. who managed to overcome many obstacles like the death of his mother on his birthday and incarceration of his brother ( life sentence). I'm 25 with one year left of school and a full time job at the hospital. where i plan to work after I finish school for nursing. I have a 8 year old daughter which I had when I was a teen, and I am the only provider for her. We have been dating a year and a half, lived together for 6 months before I moved back home ( parents) .recently I had found out I was expecting, and was extremely happy since it was my second pregnancy ever and have desires to have a second child. unfortunately I miscarried and have been dealing with the emotional roller coaster of losing my child. He loves me I know, I love him he knows but like many relationships we have had problems, not severe problems but enough to concern us that was the reason I move home.





We decided to try again and give it our all and since our relationship is at tops and is going so strong and great. I am extremely happy and so is he.





But his Godmother is holding a grudge from our past problems. When I first met her last year she suggested i get on birth control?! I am an adult, what is wrong with this lady? She talked to me and told me my boyfriend is too young to get married and I am LUCKY to have lost my baby since we have had problems, she is causing problems in my relationship by poisoning my boyfriend with negativity. I need tips for dealing with her, it seems she has it in for me, I asked her why? if she doesn't know me that well and is going on preconceived notions of me that she has fabricated I am truly worried because I love him with all my heart and I would like to spend the rest of my life with this man.





How can I deal with her? or talk to her? how can I make her understand that it is our lives and we should be able to make decisions for ourselvesTips for dealing with boyfriends family?
She's a cancer to your relationship. Hopefully he can think for himself. I would avoid her. Saying you're lucky to have lost a child is sick and cruel. Maybe she wants him all to herself.Tips for dealing with boyfriends family?
she is just his Godmother... first of all, he or you shouldn't be worried about anything she says about ya'lls relationship... people and especially family will talk your business whether they know all the facts or not... be happy and if ya'll have another baby, GOOD LUCK AND BLESSINGS TO YA'LL !!!
In my opinion i think you should cut off this woman and try not show any negative feelings about her in front of your boyfriend. You seem like a responsibe person and you r bf is lucky to have you.
Yikes!!! This lady truly does ';have it in for you';. Here you are 25 years old with a college degree.





My first thought though is what does your boyfriend think about all this and why in the hell isn't he taking up for you to her???? I understand that he is his Godmother, but it's not like she's blood. God parents are usually friends of the family that they want included in the raising of the child in case something happens to them. Well, he's 26 and grown. And if he's half as smart as he sounds, he will take this lady {ahem} aside and set her straight, that he doesn't appreciate his insulting his choice in life partners and that he is still grieving the loss of your child. That her insensitive remarks are rude and mean and if she wants to stay in his life she needs to learn to bite her tongue or stay away....
Sometimes talking with people helps and sometimes no matter what you say they are going to believe what they want. I would think that your boyfriend could man up and protect you and your honor to this women. You are his women and he should tell her that. If he can't or wont stick up for you with her I would question if he is committed to you and your daughter.





I do believe that being married before trying to have another child is best.





Also think about writing her a letter and letting her know how much you love your boyfriend and tell her you really hope that that you and she can put the past behind you, since you and your boyfriend have. Tell her you understand how she feels since the past has been but her support and love toward you both will really help make everything better and her godson happier. This may strike an emotional cord in her and help. Good Luck.
  • shared hosting
  • emo myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment