Friday, August 20, 2010

How to deal with my boyfriends son?

I am 19, and my boyfriend is 32, and he has a 12 year old son. His son and i got along great for about a month, I try not to get involved when my boyfriend disaplines him, but last weekend his son was really disrespecful to me, because his dad sad no, and i didnt take his side, well i didnt say anything. I am just want some different point of views on this, and advice, Thanks!How to deal with my boyfriends son?
Huh? What do you want opinions on? The father not doing anything about the disrespect or what? If you want respect I say you should pipe up about what is going on and tell both father and son how you wish to be treated. You shouldn't be stepped on because you aren't on the kid's side of things. And the father can't intervene either because, if you are to be his partner and all in his life now you have to demand respect from his son. Not like putting your hands on the boy or anything, just telling him that you don't appreciate being treated like he treated you. And that its not your place to choose sides. But you should have established this early on when dating his father. You should have told the son how it was going to be. Because you hadn't in the beginning he feels he can treat you how he wants as you don't take sides. But you have to be adult enough to put your foot down. I mean when dating a older man with a child you aren't just dating him you are stepping into his family unit and you have to prove that you can hold your own or the kid will always run over you.





P.S. Just because you are still young yet and with a older guy. You still have to be adult enough for the man you are with and for that child. Kids today always disrespect elders when they see they are being weak. So you can't be switzerland in this situation. Kids don't put up with neutral people in their lives they need that strong hand. And personally I think if you aren't ready to tell the kid how it is, then you shouldn't be in such an adult situation and not know how to act. I'm sure your boyfriend will see that over time as well. So if you wish to be part of the ';family'; then stand up for yourself now or you may find your way out.How to deal with my boyfriends son?
Oh wow....ur in some tough situation and ur just 19...good luck to u





damn that kid could be yr brother...sheesh grl...what did u get urself into
I'm not trying to be mean but I agree with the first person. I wouldn't give a **** about what you'd have to say and just because you're like my new step-mother, doesn't me you have any control over me.
No 12 year old will respect a dads 19 year old girlfriend.

No comments:

Post a Comment