Monday, August 16, 2010

I need help please? How should I handle this?

Ok here's the deal, my boyfriend and I have been together for about 8 months. We had sex for the first time about a month ago and it's becoming more of a regular thing. We always use a condom, but I really want to be on birth control too just to be as safe as possible. My mom sort of talked to me about this a couple months ago because she said she noticed we were getting really comfortable around each other and she wrote me a letter about ';abstinence and sex choices'; and whatnot. She basically said she's here whenever I'm ready to talk to her about it, but I'm scared too. She's pretty uptight and strict and I don't know how she would handle it if I actually admitted to having sex. I feel like she would treat my boyfriend a lot differently and be more strict with us. Does anybody have any tips about how to bring it up or what to say or anything? Thank you so much!I need help please? How should I handle this?
Since she made the effort to show she cares by writing a letter I think you should go ahead and talk to her. Talk to her about your bf and just be honest, she'll probably take you to get birth control since I'm sure she won't want to be a grandma for many years. If you decide not to talk to her go to planned parenthood, they will give you birth control and won't tell your mom. And you'll get it for cheap if not for freeI need help please? How should I handle this?
Your Mom doesn't want to be a grandma any more than you want to be a Mom. Hand her the letter and say that you are ready to talk. You didn't say how old you are and there is a big difference between 13 and 23, so it is hard to say what her response may be.
Well you see, birth control not only prevents babies from being born, but it also helps with periods and the side effects of those certain times of the month. S, just because you're on birth control doesn't mean you're having sex. At least... this is what I have been told.
Maybe you could go get on birth control on your own without your mom.
honestly hunny just be straight up with her and ask her if you can go on birth control, you dont need to tell her you guys are having sex, just say that you guys have been together for a while and are starting to get serious and you just want to be protected when the time comes, better safe then sorry. i was so scared to ask my mom about birth control, i learned it the hard way. i think i would have rather asked my mom for birth control then having to tell her i was pregnant. i got pregnant a month before my 17 birthday. you dont want that. lol just ask her...like when your in the car just the two of you

No comments:

Post a Comment