Friday, August 20, 2010

How to deal with werid boyfriends family????

ok my boyfriends family is really messed up! i cant seem to get over how werid they are well me and my boyfriend are haveing a baby, and i recently found out that there grandma would give every grandchild an enema everytime they went out to her house. She sounded very proud to tell me '; IVE GIVEN ALL OF MY GRANDCHILDERN MANY ENEMAS'; and my boyfriend denies it to the fullest and i think his parents dont tell me because they dont want to embarasse him, but she used to also given them out for punishmental reason as well as locking them up stiars at her house. i cant get over why he lies and why she'd do that to them why do you think? and he gets mad when i say i dont want our baby going over there ';IT's none of your business how my grandmother used to do things with us';. why would he take her side? also whenever im constipated he tried to get me to let his grandma give me and enema why? please anwser all these ?'s!!! helpHow to deal with werid boyfriends family????
its ok just go w/ the flow and ur be fine, don't worry about his famliy cause u might breck up w/ him bacause of it and thats bad if u really like him, but if hes lik his family get rid of him.How to deal with werid boyfriends family????
O_O





Jeez, that's messed up, in fact it sounds like borderline child/sex abuse. I don't blame you for not wanting to leave your child alone with your Grandmother, nor for being reluctant to go thorugh something like that yourself... If I were you I'd keep me and my child away from Grandma at all costs, even if it meant losing my boyfriend because of it...
wow! it looks like really weird. i don't know to tell why this kind of behavior, it doesn't seem to be part of some kind of 'way to raise kids' or something. if i was u, i would have demand answers. and before the kid is born. then, of coerce, don't send the kid alone in there and guard it all of the time. wow! u must be brave!! do u have Ur family involved? if u feel like, write me a mail.
Well i wouldnt ever go to his house! but means your having a baby you have to let them see it! My family is really messed up! my grandpa is also my uncle and my uncle is also my cousin and my aunt's oldest son is known as her little brother so she is an aunt and a grandma! but what is ENEMAS?????? that just sounds weird! but i really dont know what to tell you!
Congratulations on the baby! As a mother of two, the best advice I can give you is to buy earplugs. Never you mind all of the unwanted advice of others. You do what is comfortable for you in accordance with your doctors orders.





Personally, I have never heard of giving an enema to a child unless the child was severely constipated. And in that case, I don't believe they do pediatric enemas.





Dealing with the in laws is always a tricky situation to be in. I understand your need for answers, but what you may consider to be weird, his family may consider it to be a tradition of some sort.





You had mentioned that the grandmother does this out of punishment??? Is this known as a fact?





If your boyfriend gets defensive about the situation, perhaps it is because he considers it to be normal.





If you truly are uncomfortable with your child being around this grandmother, I suggest not leaving your child unattended with her. Be sure that you or the babies father are always in it's presence when dear old grandma is around.





Out of my own experience with my children, it's better to not argue about it. My husband is of a different culture than I. It posed a problem when our children were born with his family wanting to do things like give the baby tea, and use cooking oil as a baby oil, putting Vaseline in their hair. I did;t support any of these things and for that reason, my children did not start going to ';sleepovers'; and grandmas house until they were old enough to tel me what happened.


I know it's hard right now, but since the baby is not yet here, there really isn't anything much you can do about it. And to tell you the truth, it's probably not worth arguing about later. Just know that this is your child, and any decisions made must go threw you...





Good luck.
if u REALLY LOVE him, then accept who he is.
grandparents are older generation and that's what things used to be like. don't worry your boyfriend is probably embarrassed to know what his gran mother used to do. it is illegal for any one to give an enema if they are not a doc or nurse. at the end of the day it is your baby and no-one elses the baby will rely on you to keep it safe, if you are doubting your boyfriend now be careful mite just get worse, but then again could get better. give it time and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment