Monday, August 16, 2010

How do I help my boyfriend deal with my depression?

Have have mild depression and I do not see a doctor (it is my personal choice.) I can usually get through the day or the week without having a melt down, but recently it's getting even more difficult. My boyfriend and I love each other very much, but he has trouble understanding that I want to be alone when I am depressed. I feel like if I can deal with it on my own, it won't effect him so much. How do I help him deal with this? I have told him I want to deal with it on my own, but he feels like he is being left out.How do I help my boyfriend deal with my depression?
unfortunately that is the main way that depression affects are loved ones. we shut them out.


a lot of people choose not to seek help for their depression.


in some cases they are okay.


but in most cases it only gets worse..leading to things like anxiety %26amp; panic disorder.


if he doesnt suffer from depression himself. you will not be able to make him understand.


but in the long run it will more than likely drive him away.How do I help my boyfriend deal with my depression?
When you are sad, let him hold you.
It sounds like you just need to talk to a conselor or be on some type of medication. Do that or he might get sick of the melt downs and want out. Just get some help, it doesn't sound like its major. Good luck.
Just explain to him that depression is like any medical condition (like asthma or diabetes) and that is how you deal with it.





I don't agree with how you deal with it. I hope you are doing what is truly best for you. Isolation is what I do and ultimately it is a bad idea.





At least you tell him you have depression. communication is good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment