Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I have BPD how do I help my boyfriend deal with it?

I was diagnosed many years ago and was doing very well at controlling the symptoms. Then a few months ago my bf and I became pregnant and decided to terminate due to a rare pregnancy induced disorder that caused me to get very sick. However during this time my bpd began rearing it's ugly head. I am having a hard time dealing with terminating the pregnancy and have agreed to get help but as much as I love him I'm watching myself push him away and show him a side of me even I haven't seen in many years. He says he loves me and isn't leaving but he can only handle so much. I'm not sure how to fix this.I have BPD how do I help my boyfriend deal with it?
You need to seek professional help. At very least a therapist. Possibly a psychiatrist. You cant fix it on it on your own. You are a huge step ahead of many people with BPD as most can not even acknolage that there is a problem in themselfs.I have BPD how do I help my boyfriend deal with it?
First of all, I will bet that the hormones that were released during your pregnancy is what triggered your BPD issues. (I have BPD too and get severely depressed when I ovulate). Make sure your bf knows as much as you can tell him about BPD so he understands better. Maybe while you are feeling this way you 2 should spend a little more time apart, but then again, I bet your sadness makes you want to be with him. Terminating a pregnancy is always traumatic - but if you are mindful of your BPD maybe you could keep it in check a little more. Good luck.
You need to help yourself first. It is noble and brave wanting also to help your boy friend, but in this matter he has to recognise that your needs are more important.





If he is going to be selfish (which is unlikely) about this then clearly it is not true love. So don't let this secondary decision spoil the prime one and share with him the need for this termination of pregnancy.
  • kids myspace
  • emo myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment