Friday, August 20, 2010

How to deal with boyfriend's insecure female friend?

My boyfriend introduced me to his best friend's wife last year. The introduction was very awkward - she was friendly but distant at the same time. I immediately sensed this awkwardness and complimented her on her looks to break the ice - very pretty! Anyways, since the meeting, I have felt like my efforts have not been reciprocated at all. I have tried to initiate dinners with her, phone conversations, emails - no responses. I know from the past my boyfriend spent a lot of time helping her with her marriage to his best friend. She was used to him solving her problems. She plays best friends with my boyfriends sister and family - they all love her. But she doesn't give me any time of day! My boyfriend said she's just insecure and that she was used to being the center of attention until I came along. I find this very juvenille but want to do what I can to resolve this. She's manipulated her husband to think I don't like them. Help!How to deal with boyfriend's insecure female friend?
If she's being mean to you, just ignore her, she's not worth your time. But, it sounds like she might just be shy. Some other women accused me of being standoffish at times, but it really just takes me awhile to get to know people before I like to hang out with them or anything. If that's the case, she will probably warm up to you after awhile. Good luck!How to deal with boyfriend's insecure female friend?
Ugh. Women can often seem to be total dramaqueens. One would think that it would change when we're all out of highschool, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I'd advise that you let her be. She may get upset that you aren't trying to pursue her anymore, and ask YOU out. The old playing hard to get approach, maybe it'll work in a friendship.
Give her a mild dose of her own medicine. If that doesn't work, ignore her completely.
She may be in love with your boyfriend!! Stop trying to reach out to her she may feel like you're being fake trying to initiate dinners, phone calls emails etc... Some people need time to warm up to you. But regardless of her reason it's obvious that you aren't going to become best buddies right now so leave her alone. If she comes around good if not oh well you're not dating her...
Don't worry about it, she'll warm up to you eventually. Just continue to be yourself.
she is jealous and she needs to get over it... i dont think she has anything for your husband, but i think that she has a problem because she is not getting his brotherly attention anymore... i know the feeling, i have a Mother-In-Law the same way!!! she is jealous because her son is finally with someone that threatens her relationship with her. but i dont want to do that. and she doesnt understand.
Sounds like she is young and immature. Don't worry about it. Some people are just not happy for others they are too into themselves. Just keep being the great person that you are and she will eventually come around. If she doesn't no loss there. Do you really care if she is your friend? Friendship doesn't take work. It just happens. You will find with time that there are couples you can hang with and couples that you can't. It sucks but it is true. Don't initiate anything with her anymore. No need to try to work something with her if she is not interested. You tried.
Classic case of jealousy. She was your husband's best friend and enjoyed this attention...especially since she was having marital problems. I'd stop initiating her to do things since she blatantly blows you off. Be cordial but don't offer any more of yourself since she is jealous and yes I agree with you...VERY juvenile. But such is life...you are with your boyfriend and she needs to respect his relationship even if she's not thrilled he's found someone. That's all her problem...If I were you I'd enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment