Friday, August 20, 2010

How do I deal with my boyfriend's competitive and snotty female friend?

I would like to be friends with her, but her digging comments make it difficult. What's the best way to deal with her? How do I deal with my boyfriend's competitive and snotty female friend?
Whatever you do, don't whinge about her to him!


Be nice as pie to her, be the bigger person, make sure that everyone knows that she's the one with all the hostility.


She's most definately jealous of the fact that you get to sleep with him. If you get fed up of her, subtley remind her of that fact.How do I deal with my boyfriend's competitive and snotty female friend?
That happened to me. Thankfully he doesn't spend a lot of time with her outside of school She basically ignored me when we were all together. He told me that one time, she told him that she doesn't get along with girls. Lol, go figure.... *sarcasm*





Anyways, I think that you should talk to your boyfriend about your feelings. I actually told him that I thought she liked him. He reassured me that he would never be interested in her, and also that she is flirty with other guys too ';that's how she is';.





After this talk, I relaxed a bit. I never forced the friendship and we're not really friends now. I barely ever see her because me and my bf go to separate universities.





Anyways maybe in your case your bf would agree to meet with you without her. Or some other compromise. He may also help you and tell you how to deal with her. He may also tell you why he's friends with her.. that may help you too. Have a talk with him!





I suggest avoiding drama at all costs. It could only worsen a situation. I suppose it's possible to talk to her about why you feel the way you do, but leave that as a last resort.
Dear April,





It sounds as though your boyfriend's friend is ';threatened by the new woman'; in his life, that being you. I don't envy your position one bit. Given her penchant for throwing jabs at you, I am impressed that you have kept your cool to date.





Unfortunately, women are the worst offenders when it comes to ';playing nice'; outside of our core, trusted group. Even in business you will find this to be the case. (Even on Sex in the City, it was the case.)





1. Look her straight in the eye, stopping what you are doing when she throws that barb. Say nothing what so ever. Your body language and the blank look on your face will shout volumes. Your confident look should make her feel belittled, which is what her initital intent was for you - it's right back at her!





2. If it is not possible to stop in your tracks, then politely (but firmly) say, ';I'm sorry, I'm certain you were trying to make a point. You have my full attention now.'; You have said, without saying, ';You don't matter and therefore I wasn't paying attention.';





This stops her for the moment, you have not made any assumptions about her intent -- it leaves the door wide open for her to ';clarify her position/dig/barb'; and opens the door for your boyfriend to excuse her from the activity.





The most important thing to do is RISE ABOVE this nonsense and let your boyfriend see what she is made of. Never, never spell it out to him or let on that you know what her intents are. You will lose ground and look petty.





I swear, the blank (you are a Martian, aren't you?) look works the best. You will be the smartest girl in the world if you employ these tactics and she will either respect your position in the relationship or move on.





Good luck



I had a situation something like this...my husband had a female friend. once i told them i didnt think they should be alone together and she came at me trying to fight and I just explained to her how I felt about it. she had attitude for awhile but i kept insisting that we could be friends and so could they but we were married and there needed to be some boundaries. her and i hung around after that and we actually got along pretty well I think she realized that i wasnt afraid of her and treating me that way just wouldn't fly.
Dont allow her to treat u in any manner that does not appeal to u because frankly only u can dictate the way another person treats u, u can simply explain the fact that u dont appreciate the way she responds to u and if it persists then u put that ***** in her place lol sorry!!!! O and tell ur boyfriend about his friend!!! that should be his problem not urs!!!!
Tell your boyfriend not to be her friend anymore. I quit being friends with a guy friend of mine b/c his girlfriend was jealous of me. Of course it was my decision but it's better than having drama all the time.
put her in her place girlfriend
Tell her to **** off thats what my gf did with two diff girls that kept on getting on my nerves

No comments:

Post a Comment