Friday, August 20, 2010

How to convince parents to let me go to my boyfriends marine bootcamp graduation?

ok, so heres the deal: my boyfriends at boot camp in san diego right now, %26amp; he really wants me to be there for his graduation. i really wanna go, %26amp; his parents invited me %26amp; even offered to pay for my plane ticket since my familys not really well off. problem is....my parents are reallyyyy overprotective. im 17 rite now, but by the time his graduation gets here, ill be 18 (i turn 18 in 2 weeks). they say they dont know his parents, which they dont, but his parents offered to have dinner with mine %26amp; get to know them first. which seems perfectly fine. see, me %26amp; my bf have only been together about 3 months, but i dont think that matters. but my parents say i shouldnt ';chase'; him %26amp; i shouldnt go, %26amp; im rushing it. they also think his parents inviting me %26amp; offering to pay is ';weird'; and that theyre trying to force out relationship. i think theyre just being nice. how can i convince my parents this is what will make me happy, %26amp; its very important im there to support him when he graduates? also, has any girls here went to there bf's graduation with his parents? i really wanna go. but my dad is saying no. %26amp; im just so depressed....thanks everyone.How to convince parents to let me go to my boyfriends marine bootcamp graduation?
I would have gone to my boyfriend's (now husband's) graduation with his parents if I had been able to get the time off of work. His grandma offered to pay for me as well. I was a few years older, but I can still relate to your situation.


I would see if you can get your parents to agree to dinner with his parents as a starting point. They may feel better after that and may need less convincing.


When you are talking to them make sure you keep an adult attitude about the whole situation and talk calmly and rationally. Don't whine or get angry and if you feel like you are going to, walk away and revisit the issue later. You want them to believe that you are mature enough to go without them.


You may also want to point out that regardless of whether they (your parents) think his graduation is important or not, it is *very* important to your boyfriend. My husband has been in the army for years and he still talks about how he wishes I could have been to his graduation from basic. It is a very proud moment for those boys - they get to show off how much they have learned and how much they have grown. Explain to your parents what a big deal this is in the military and that you would like to go. Going to this graduation does not necessarily mean you are going to marry this guy, but if you don't get to go you may regret it and that is never any fun.


Reassure your parents by planning out the details of the potential trip if you can - get a schedule of the graduation festivities, find out where you will be staying, and promise that you will call and check in with them. Other than that, I think the dinner idea is a great idea if you can get them to agree with it! Good luck.How to convince parents to let me go to my boyfriends marine bootcamp graduation?
go, this is your relationship and something deeply important to your boyfriend, not to mention people should support our troops as much as they can, if his parents want to meet with his parents, and pay for everything, what more could your parents ask for?! go, and even though it doesnt really matter, tell your boyfriend i said thank you to him for serving our country
your parents probably feel less valued with them paying and all. do it.
you HAVE to go! like not kidding, i went to my boyfriends marine graduation and it was the most amazing moment and event i have ever seen! not kidding...on family day seeing him for the first time, all lined up and again on graduation day all of the new marines standing in formation and saying things all at once..its amazing! i went with my mom, and his mom.....they should let you go..


tell your parents that it is the most important thing in his life that he wants you to see, from turning into a teenager to a man, and not only a man, a marine..tell your parents that if you are in a relationship with a marine its time for them to let you grow up..


if you have any questions or wanna chat go ahead and email me :)
How did you meet him? If he's just graduating, and you've only been together for 3 months, how did you meet him? Online? If so, you definitely shouldn't go.
At eighteen you are emancipated and can legally make your own decisions. Naturally, you don't want to upset your parents but they too, should take this into account.





Point out to your dad as tactfully as you can that you need to start making adult and responsible decisions without their constant guidance. Remind him, they have done a great job in raising you and now it's time these traits are put to the proper test. Also remind them both that you will be chaperoned the entire time.
I went to my boyfriends graduation in Parris Island with his family and it's the most amazing thing to see. Do everything you can to go. Explain to your parents that it means a lot to him and you and how much he's gone through these past 3 months. That's ridiculous your parents won't even have dinner with them! They're being way too complicated. Maybe try and set it up to where they have no choice to at least have dinner. Oh..and btw..you'll be 18..you can make your own decisions(:





Good luck!
Listen:)


im 14 years old.


my brother is 20 years old.


He didn't join the MARiNES, but he joined the U.S NAVY.


Hes graduation from boot camp (it was like 2 months ago) in CHICAGO, ILLINOIS, we live in SAN DIEGO.


At first, he didn't want us to go, he said it would be too much money, and he would rather have us go to his NAVAL SCHOOL graduation.


We ended up going, and he was soooooo happy.


he said, '; I didn't want you guys to go, but now im reaaaaally glad you guys came,';


and you know what?


MARINES %26amp; NAVY is NOT the same thing, but I know that the ';feeling'; is the same.


It's sooo beautiful to watch them march:) and it makes you soo proud :D


so i really think you should go!


he would be soo happy:)








if you can, show your parents this message!


PLEASE.


let them know how important it is! Because it's not just ANY graduation!


its a GRAD from the marines!


hes a tough guy to have joined!


tough to be away from you and his family!


let them KNOW!


its a BIG DEAL


:)














hope i helped鈾?)





%26amp; GOOD LUCKK to you, and your BF:)

No comments:

Post a Comment