Monday, August 16, 2010

How should I deal with helping my boyfriend deal with losing a parent?

I met my boyfriend 6 years ago, he lost his father around 9 years ago. He was a bit unstable but got much better after about a year. Just last week he lost his mother to an illness. He has been ok considering both his losses but he seems to be taking alot out on me in anger. When he is around his friends he treats his friends much better than he treats me. Im becoming a bit depressed %26amp; don't know what to do. Should I say something or just deal with it for awhile? I can only take so much of being treated like a doormat but at the same time I want to be there for him.How should I deal with helping my boyfriend deal with losing a parent?
you should tell him what he's doing, but you should also be there for him. but you shouldn't let him treat you badly.How should I deal with helping my boyfriend deal with losing a parent?
well apparently he hasn't gotten all his feelings out about losing his mother. he is bottling it all up and he probably will act like a jerk for awhile unless you personally tell him what he is doing and why you think he is acting this way.let him know that you ARE the one who is there for him 24/7 and that it is very rude to treat you this way, yet also show some compassion and understanding for his ways of not thinking about his loss.men will be men and show different signs of grief than women. it will losen up with time. good luck.
You should say something and offer yourself as a shoulder to cry on... not yourself as a doormat. It's sad that he's going through such tough times and I'm sure you want him to feel better, but not at the expense of you. Hopefully he'll see that he's different.





He's coping and directing his anger to the wrong place... if he seems worse than the last time, you could offer to go with him to talk with someone. If he'd be open to it.
Are you sure the relationship is meant to last longer than it has? I don't want to be a downer but maybe with all this loss he has experienced he feels that life is too short to live with just one girl...maybe he wants to date around and make sure he is as happy as he can be with a woman...


If you think that's not the answer then maybe he is just being mean because on the inside he is so tore up. He might feel like he's going crazy and doesn't want to break down in front of you and show you a side you've never seen so he puts on a tough face to keep from making himself look (what he thinks is..)foolish. It'll take a while to get over his mother's death...i'd put up with it a little longer and then let him know he's being a little harsh. Tell him you cant say you know how he feels but you do know how it feels to lose someone close to you and that you're only there to help him and be on his side and listen to what he has to say and not judge him.

No comments:

Post a Comment